All editions of Net Control 2 above 12.10 support a new remote login engine for Windows 10 and higher, which does not require adjustment of Windows policies.
The information below is provided for Net Control 2 products versions 8.xx – 12.05 or when used in Windows 8.1 and below.
The “Do not display last user name” policy should be enabled, otherwise Net Control 2 service will not be able to login the user to the system.
To enable this policy you can use any of the provided methods:
1. Active Directory
open Group Policy Editor (Start -> Administrative Tools -> Group Policy Management);
create new group policy or edit existing one;
at left pane open and select the following tree: Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
at right pane find the following parameter: Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name policy;
double click to edit it;
enable it and click OK.
2. Local Policies
if a computer is not part of Active Directory, you can enable “Do not display last user name” policy on this computer as follows:
- open Local Policy Editor (press Win+R key combination to open Run dialog window; enter the following command:
and press Enter
- at left pane open and select the following tree: Computer Configuration -> WIndows Settings -> Security Settings -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options
- at right pane find the following parameter: Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name policy;
- double click to edit it;
- enable it and click OK.
3. Registry Editor.
Alternatively you can change the option of system Registry. This operation should be made on every client computer.
- Click Start button and type in Search programs box or press Win+R key combination and enter:
- At left pane navigate to the following sub-key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- At right pane find the parameter DontDisplayLastUsername, double click it and change its value to 1
- Click OK.